Artery Nugget Micro USB Update Cable
This is a micro USB cable for the Nugget mod from Artery Vapor. It is required for firmware updates. The Nugget can only be upgraded via this cable and a Windows 7/8/8.1/10 PC.
Firmware Update Instructions:
• Connect the Nugget to your PC using the Artery Nugget Micro USB Update Cable. Make sure the Nugget is powered on.
• Click on the following link to download all the files required: Download Nugget Upgrade Files
• Extract all files to one folder that is easy to find. Creating a folder on your desktop entitled "Artery Upgrade" is ideal.
• Open the folder, and double click on the file entitled "PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.11.0".
• When prompted, click "Next". Continue to follow the prompts until the process is complete.
• If prompted, restart your PC. If not, continue to the next step.
• Click on the Start button, and type "Device Manager" into the search bar. Open Device Manager.
• In Device Manager, click on "View" in the task bar. Click on "Show Hidden Devices".
• A new device called "Ports" should have appeared. Click the ">" to show all ports.
• Look for "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port". Next to this in parentheses, you should see (COMX) with "X" being a number, i.e. "(COM5)". Remember this, or write it down. Close Device Manager.
• Return to the folder where all the Artery upgrade files were extracted. Open "ArteryFirmwareUpgradeTool_v1.0". (If you are unable to open this file, return to the Artery folder and navigate to the "vcredist" folder. From here, run "vcredist_x64" and follow the prompts. Then do the same with "vcredist_x86".)
• Click on "Select Firmware File". Navigate to the "Update Version" folder, located within the Artery upgrade folder. Select the firmware file "ARTERY_NUGGET_USER_2016031801.BIN" or whichever is most recent firmware file.
• In the "Port Number" drop-down menu, select the port that you previously located using Device Manager.
• On the Nugget, enter the menu by clicking + and - simultaneously, and navigate to "System Software Updating". Press the Fire button to enter this menu option. When the screen indicates that it is ready for the update, click on "Start Upgrade" in the Artery Update Software.
• Wait for updating to complete. This will take approximately 10 seconds. The Nugget will power down. Power it on, and you're now ready to vape with upgraded firmware.